Monday, June 1, 2009

Dad's Recovery

Hey Everyone,
It's been a while since I put anything up on here. And I wanted to give an update on how dad is doing.

When I went to go visit him the other day, I left with a heavy heart. It's heavy because I still don't see the man that I know as my father. I see a man that has given up on life, a heart that just doesn't care and a body that is literally wasting away. He's lost (and not that it's all a bad thing) over 120 plus pounds since being taken to the hospital in March.

My heart cries with the acknowledgement that it is a hard journey for him to be on, yet it is also one that he needs to be willing to fight. And he's not.

I'm asking that you would pray with us some more, as we know that God saved his life for a purpose, but at this point... I can't even see dad leaving the nursing home. Dad is acting like he doesn't want to leave. Besides financial issues, the need for him to be home is great... we as a family miss his smile, stern look and funny and corny jokes at the table. Not to mention his hugs on a bad day.

Specifically pray for:
1. That God would continue to heal and finish the work began a few months ago. Spiritually, physically and emotionally.
2. That Dad would wake up. My real father has been sleeping for months and I want him back.
3. That our family would not give up in praying for him either... I think all of us are more weary than even we know.
4. That God would be glorified and His NAME magnified by the results.

Thank you for supporting us and loving us... please don't stop.

I am blessed and broken,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment