Wednesday, April 1, 2009

One thing at a time

Last we heard, all things looked negative. New word in- God is bigger, smarter, and stronger than doctors. (Isn't that reassuring?!)

When I was a young teenager (around 13 or so) there was this woman at church that was diagnosed with Leukemia. In fact she was only given a couple of weeks- maybe a month to live. So, our church started praying for her- really intensely- with real dedication etc. In a month she was still living, a year or so later she became pregnant(she was married before all this began), and now- last I heard had several kids and is still living a healthy life.

So what does this have to do with our family? Well, it was one of the many times where my heart, head and life was impacted by the power of prayer. I knew her, I knew her family and I knew what was ahead if God didn't heal her. And He did. Now, I'm sitting here thinking about it because of my dad... and what the power of prayer did here too.

No, he's not been released, and no, he's not walking around- yet. But the evidence of prayer is significant.

For instance- while meeting with the doctors yesterday we learned a few things. We learned that when they transferred him to Spectrum they were looking at him being on dialysis for the rest of his life- if he survived. (Yes, all the docs were convinced dad's last day on earth was last Thursday) We learned that the Internal Medicine doctor is shocked every day when he visits dad. He says "I like coming in here, because everyday I meet a different man". He left the room laughing yesterday at a joke dad cracked. Apparently his kidney function numbers are high enough to surprise the kidney doctor- and looks like dialysis will most definitely be a temporary thing. (Hallelujah!)

He also made the transition back to food yesterday. It was the first food he ate (on his own) in over 3 weeks. (he really didn't eat the 24 hours before he went into the hospital) He played both Matthew and I in Cribbage yesterday- it wasn't completely normal, but he could play- and that was AWESOME!

Everyday is another thing to celebrate- his quirky sense of humor is slowly returning, (he hung up on mom yesterday to "eat his peaches") and he's exercising so he can "GET OUT OF BED!". One thing conquered at a time... one praise more offered to heaven... one more breath of relief!

He still has a long way to go- but to be this far is something I can't even express... A miracle has taken place, and my family is the receiver of it.

May you be blessed for praying and for your concern and devotion to my family. And may all the GLORY be given to our FATHER in Heaven who heard our cry.

I am so blessed,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment